Wednesday, September 12, 2007

happy new year.



As you can see in the early kitchen shot, the floor (again) needed help.
I liked the idea of a platform for the appliances, but this one was ripe for serious toe stubbing....or worse.
It was full of pot holes and random rebar dead heads.
This floor resurfacing has become one of those completely unanticipated nightmare projects.
The first time Peter did a skim coat, the concrete cracked too soon.
The second time, his boys dragged the fridge back across too soon (promptly noticing when the door flew open that I did not have enough MEAT in my freezer for winter).
Tonight Bob, my shitzu mutt, walked on it too soon.
The mason spent all day here, on his buck, trying to repair the damage from the last mishap. He warned me about the dog.
I was not worried about Bob since for the past month Bob has not strayed much more than 12 inches from my feet. He is way more neurotic about this move than I am. I trip over him regularly so I could have easily been the one to fall face first into the mud...but I have no clue when Bob could have stepped in it on his own.
I just called Peter, he was not laughing.

3 comments:

They say it's a cold world said...

I can't imagine Bob did serious damage. From the photo it looks to me like you should leave the footprints as a permanent element. If only you could get him to walk on the walls.

Anonymous said...

Bob wall walks.

Unknown said...

the footprints are a lovely addition to the house - bob was obviously making a conscious choice to contribute to the look of the place.