Thursday, September 13, 2007

a little bit of twitch.







Today I drove to Canada (my homeland) to help bring in the New Year, 5768. The drive would normally be much easier from the Hudson Valley than it was from Brooklyn. Apparently today however, there was an accident on the Queen Elizabeth Way (a.k.a QEW) so it took more than 9 hours. Toronto traffic is often as bad or worse than New York traffic. It is shocking and disturbing to me that driving over 9hrs has less environmental impact than jet fuel for one. I was pretty hungry for gefilte fish by the time i rolled in.

Here are some images of a shelf clad in leftover plywood. The cheap metal library shelf was wobbly and it needed help standing if I was going to keep it. My general philosophy is that of a gleaner, to throw away NOTHING, so the shelf stayed. Once the ply was bolted on, I realized that the light passing through was most important. The obvious solution was to perforate.

1 comment:

jp said...

When in doubt, perforate.
Happy New Year.

-jonah