Tuesday, October 2, 2007

see the light

this is the kitchen skylight being installed.

I'm not sure how I feel about Feng Shui as a legitimate profession, but there is no denying the relevance of spatial harmony. Since the day begins and ends in bed, it is essential to get it down in the bedroom. One must choreograph perfect morning light and star gazing with awkward horizontal ergonomics ie. reaching for lamps, books, glasses (both kinds) and the occasional ashtray. My new trailer bedroom does not get enough light. Light in general appears to be an issue in this gigantic space, it gets swallowed.

I realized watching the messy roofers this afternoon, that there is a perfect opportunity for a new skylight where a useless vent once was. As it turns out, a hole occurs directly above the north facing bed (good Feng Shui). My flawed, yet intentional, design process is all about seizing existing conditions...carpe diem. Often this system proves ineffective but today it seems justified.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to have light as an unimpeachable metaphor for your metamove upstate.

To seek the light . . .

R

They say it's a cold world said...

is it just me and my browser or has the photo disappeared into the darkness of cyberspace?