Saturday, March 15, 2008

chamfers



Finally warm and sleeping restlessly.
I had the stoves installed yesterday after long cold winter, but was up half the night worried about chamfered corners on this ugly pellet stove. I am allergic to chamfered corners. While defending my thesis in 1993, the main critique by a prominent architect boiled down to "too many square corners for an elementary school." Say WHAT?
Rudolf Steiner had some good arguments for curves in schools, but I was not designing a Waldorf school and this guy was suggesting castrated corners! Weak. I must have had a great project.

Someone tell me the chamfers are o.k.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bob doesn't seem to mind.

Anonymous said...

I'm awfully fond of what I refer to as the "micro-chamfer". Chamfered yes, but not unless you press your nose to it. If you do press your nose to it, you won't bleed, as you would were you to stick your nose to the more pure but actually less edgy (one instead of two)"knife-edge". The micro-chamfer is OK by me. Those on your stove might be a little ham-fisted.