Sunday, March 2, 2008

snowed in

(check windows)
I got a bill from the snow plow guy. Apparently he had come six times to shovel snow into my door and expected to be paid before continuing to do so.  The softy that I am, I asked him to clear it away this time so I could get in and then negotiated half price for the previous visits. Although shoveling is great exercise and reminds us that global warming may be slightly slower north of Westchester, this Sisyphean task also seems illogical. My sister says to leave it, it will eventually melt.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sister stupidly doesn't do as she says. the thin layer that didn't get shoveled melted and then froze. i'd rather walk on snow than frozen water.

oa
(btw the distinction IS with a difference, snow is frozen vapour apparently)