Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day


After sending the weekenders home, while sitting on the back deck eating leftover grilled asparagus from the farm down the road, I was bombarded by the sound of sirens and an announcer on a loud speaker saying something about this year's Miss.Accord.
All I had to do was open the front door to see a parade of local floats go by on Main st. and U turn right in front of the Creamery. Wow. Still acting like a tourist in town, I ran inside to get my camera. Welcome to America.
I hope this is not an indication of the bigger picture. Check out the scale shift in the political vehicles!
republicans
democrats

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh God! Small town Americana! I forgot about you!

Amazing.

jkarah said...

Amazing...and slightly frightening...?

They say it's a cold world said...

I thought you were Miss Accord...

jkarah said...

sometimes I put on the sash and dance around my sandwich shop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJBankObN0s&feature=related