Sunday, May 18, 2008

Times.



Schools out.
This morning was about waking up to the birds singing on a beautiful Sunday morning and realizing for the first time that this is actually home now. Holly shit.
I was originally unclear why friends were suggesting it was "brave" to move to this bucolic paradise I saw as Accord (I'm still unsure of the town pronunciation, which may have to do with my reluctance to admit I really live here). The truth is I always saw myself as a compromised city girl. I grew up downtown but could have been diagnosed with Nature-Deficit Disorder at a young age. I wonder what kind of pharmaceuticals are they doling out for that one? This place seemed like the obvious drug to me, a huge dreamy city-like space smack in the middle of the country. Many fantasize about making the move out of NY and I was going to prove I could really do it. Was I right? Too soon to know, especially since a good part of the year was spent in the cities ie. Toronto/New York.
As of this morning, I am here with no specific plan to go back to the city until I leave for Toronto/London/Bilbao/Berlin in July. It is exciting to watch the birds and plant some flowers without sneezing non-stop, since ironically Brooklyn provokes more severe seasonal allergies than the country does. At least the pollen is distributed in relatively clean air up here.
There is no question in my mind that this was the perfect spot to read the Sunday Times, but since we were unable to make a quick jaunt to the Met show, as seen on pg.6, the day was eaten up by country chores.
I guess bi country is really the ideal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its crazy- I went to the Cape for the holiday and I nearly had a heart attack from seeing a tree and sky full of stars, let alone the ocean. So beautiful.

I hope your summer is enjoyable! I'd much prefer to spend it in the country too~!

*Back in Brooklyn bitterly looking out of window at concrete everywhere*