Friday, June 6, 2008

dig




Arrived home late last night after a long day in the big city. Good thing I decided to come back at all. I asked the boys nicely not to blow up the place while I was gone, and they didn't, but they did lock themselves out.
While getting ready for bed I heard a bunch of activity outside. Apparently they had taken their first break for air in many hours and the door locked behind them. They found me in my nighty writing emails and invited me out "for a smoke" before I let them in. We were all chatting out front when J discovered a hollow sound in the ground beneath him. He was convinced this was a passage to the basement that I insisted did not exist. There was a hatch however, with a soft floor, so they spent some time digging while creating many good stories (songs?) about what we might find. The preferred story of course involved discovering a stash left over from the previous pharmaceutical company owner who had also bricked up the windows for security. Needless to say this adventure remains incomplete.

No comments: